Dear SPPL Patrons,
The SPPL Staff and Board of Trustees are very excited to enter our Phase II Walkthrough Reopening. On Monday, May 10, 2021, we will be opening our doors for more in-person services. Our Phase II hours of service will be: M-F: 9am-6pm. Sat: 9am-1pm. Sun: 1-5pm.
Balancing safety and access, staff and patrons will be required to wear masks at all times and maintain social distance. With regular and enhanced cleaning protocols in place, we will also have extra hand sanitizing stations for library patrons throughout the library. Staff will be monitoring occupancy and time limits; restricting browsing to 30 minutes and computer usage to 1 hour. The library will be following recommendations and requirements in accordance with PHMDC (Public Health Madison Dane County).
In preparation for the reopening, we will be closed for all services on Thursday, May 6 and Friday, May 7. Drive-up and walk-up window service for holds pick up will be offered on Saturday, May 8 and Sunday, May 9. During this time, the library facility will be sanitized and staff will be physically moving collections and furniture for safe and easy navigation for the Phase II Walkthrough Reopening. The Library is also adjusting the HVAC system for improved air quality.
We will be adding back the following services:
- Quick Browsing (30 minute limit for browsing & check out)
- In person reference service, technology assistance, readers’ advisory service, circulation service
- Additional computer stations (one hour limit for computers)
- Faxing, photocopying, printing, microfilm reader, wi-fi
- In-person holds pick up
- Linkcat stations for catalog searching
- Adult Services will accommodate magazine and newspaper requests
- Services by appointment: Resume writing assistance, Teleconferencing, Telehealth, Test Proctoring, Project Recovery Counseling. These services will take place in the Discussion Room and will be coordinated by Adult Services.
- Walk-up window (Circulation & Youth Services)
- Summer Library Program for Youth & Adults
- Outdoor programs
- Bus passes, taxi ride share, recycle stickers
Over the past year, many of our patrons have thanked us for some of our new and enhanced services that have increased access and removed barriers. We will continue to offer:
- Drive-up & walk-up holds pickup window, by reservation
- Virtual Programs
- Librarian’s Choice
- Make & Take Programs for Adults
- Programs to Go for Youth
- Dream Bus Visits to CH Bird Elementary, Farmers Market, and selected community events
- Story Walks
I am honored to be your Library Director and our Phase II reopening is the Library’s way of restoring and strengthening our community as we reenter spaces we have missed, recover from unexpected loss, reconnect to collections and each other, and rejuvenate through life-long learning. After an extremely difficult year of isolation, loss, and socioeconomic upheaval, I look forward to the Sun Prairie Public Library’s role in our collective healing and resilience.
Sun Prairie Public Library Director