Due to dangerously increased rates of COVID infection via community spread, starting on Monday, November 23, most services inside the library will be suspended and the front doors will be locked. Patrons who need technology services (computers and copy/fax machines) will be allowed inside the library, but all other patrons will be asked to access the library through digital services and curbside pickup.
Services available on Monday, November 23:
- Computer use (limited to 4 people at a time and 1 hour sessions)
- Copy, print, fax, scan services
- Curbside delivery of holds
- All digital services and collections
- Access to collection limited to LINKcat searching and holds
- Phone consultations with Adult and Youth Services staff
- Wireless service from the parking lot
Services unavailable on Monday, November 23:
- All walk-in circulation tasks: new cards, questions about holds or fees, hold pickup, etc.
- In-person programs
- Browsing the collection
- Use of rooms, study areas, seating areas, play areas
To access library technology services, ring the doorbell in the front of the library. A staff member will escort you into the building. No other in-person services are available until further notice.
All surfaces will continue to be cleaned and masks are required to enter the library.