June 1 - August 31, 2022
Read! Log your reading time and complete activities to earn virtual badges. Every badge you receive earns you tickets to enter into prize drawings!
About the Adult Summer Reading Program:
Track your reading and other activities via Beanstack. Click here or download the "Beanstack Tracker" mobile app to begin! As you log your reading and activities, you earn "badges" and enter to win prizes.
*Drawings for all prizes will be held at the end of the Summer Reading Program. Winners will be notified by telephone or email the week of September 5th and must pick up their prizes at the library.
Complete the Summer Reading Program by logging 30 hours of reading over the summer AND earning the Big Summer Read: The Book and Expanding Horizons: Library Programs activity badges. Earning the Completion badge will get you 5 extra tickets toward the prize drawings! ("Completing" the program is not necessary to win prizes... but it does give you bragging rights!)
Note: If you have previously created a Beanstack account for a Sun Prairie Library reading program, you do not need to create a new account. Simply look for the Adult Summer Reading Program option when logged into your account, and click "Enroll."
Not able to participate online? Stop by the Information Desk for a paper reading & activity log.
Big Summer Read
This summer, along with our adult reading program, we are holding a Big Summer Read! Our selected book is Send For Me by Milwaukee author Lauren Fox. We invite you to read with us!
“The book is a real achievement — beautifully written, deeply felt, tender and thoughtful.” —New York Times
A Jewish woman escapes from Germany with her husband and baby daughter on the cusp of World War II. Decades later, can her granddaughter escape the lingering effects of her family’s trauma?
Copies of the book may be available at the Information Desk in the library, or through Overdrive or Hoopla. And, we'll be giving away 4 copies of the book in June! Want to win one? Everyone who pre-registers for the Adult Summer Reading Program or registers by June 10th will be automatically entered to win.
Have questions about the Summer Reading Program or need help with your Beanstack account?
Call the Information Desk at 825-0702 or email us at email@example.com.
Summer Programs and Events for Adults @ the Library
For times and more details about individual programs, visit the Events Calendar
- 6/1: Irish Fiddle Concert with Alan Ng
- 6/9: Bribri Indigenous Village and Chocolate Tour (virtual event)
- 6/15: Dismazed and Driven: Book Reading with Diane Nilan
- 6/22: Battling Injustice in Mississippi
- 6/27: Foreign Film Night: Luzzu
- 7/7: How to Raise Happy, Healthier Pets
- 7/13: Cherry and Jerry Concert
- 7/21: Mayhem in the National Parks
- 7/25: Foreign Film Night: Hive
- 7/27: Lauren Fox Author Event (Big Summer Read event)
- 7/29: Who Are the Amish
- 8/10: Send For Me book discussion (Big Summer Read event, virtual)
- 8/16: Door County Lighthouses
- 8/25: Native Peoples of WI
- 8/29: Foreign Film Night: Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom