The Sun Prairie Public Library serves as a dynamic, positive force in the community. We connect residents with the world of ideas, literacy, literature, and information and aspire to create opportunities for all residents to particpate, connect and discover innovative, traditional, and emerging library resources and services.
Sun Prairie Public Library serves the community as an activity center to support lifelong learning by providing educational, cultural and recreational opportunities for all people.
Serving with Integrity is providing considerate and inclusive service that respects all community members and their information needs, privacy, and right to intellectural freedom. We are committed to the responsible stewardship of library materials and spaces.
- We are transparent in our words and actions.
- We practice empathy.
- We are accurate and consistent.
- We respect privacy and opinions.
- We provide data-driven decisions that lead to effective outcomes.
Striving for Excellence is rising to new challenges and opportunities by embracing creativity and change through innovation. We are highly skilled, knowledgeable, and caring and we cooperatively construct a healthy organizational culture that allows each of us to thrive.
- We actively support and empower each other.
- We offer quality programs, materials, and resources that are accessible to all.
- We build and maintain authentic connections with our community members and each other.
- We stay on the leading edge of technology.
Engaging the Community Serving is building connections with community members and organizations. Our services, resources, and gathering spaces are inclusive and we engage in the civic live of the community by incorporating engagement opportunities for residents of all ages and interests.
- We develop collections that meet diverse needs and interests.
- We actively seek feedback and input from community members.
- We keep our fingers on the pulse of the community.
- We reach out to and engage with the entire community through library outreach programs, a variety of media sources, social media and technology.
Library Staff acts on behalf of the City of Sun Prairie to enact the Mission of the library.
The Sun Prairie Public Library was founded in 1901. Find out more!
- January 1, 2020 - New Year's Day
- January 20, 2020 - Martin Luther King Day
- February 21, 2020 - Staff In-service
- April 12, 2020 - Spring Holiday
- May 25, 2020 - Memorial Day
- July 4, 2020 - Independence Day
- September 7, 2020 - Labor Day
- November 26 & 27, 2020 - Thanksgiving
- December 24 & 25, 2020 - Christmas Eve/Day
- December 31, 2020 - New Year's Eve