In 2018, the Sun Prairie Public Library contracted with FEH Design, an Architectural Firm based in Delafield, WI, to perform an architectural analysis on the library.
In May 2018, the library formed an Advisory Task Force, composed of community members and library patrons. The goal of the Advisory Task Force was to bring a recommendation to the Sun Prairie Public Library Board so that our facility will be able to meet the service needs and standards for the next 20 years.
The final Sun Prairie Public Library Advisory Task Force meeting was held Thursday, August 23rd.
Design Concept Recommended by FEH Design
In February 2020, the Library Board approved a mid-level expansion. This option expands the main library from 36,000 SF to 55,000 SF. This option will support the City of Sun Prairie in the year 2035 AND meet the Dane County minimum standard for service for County reimbursement. This option will also address building maintenance upgrades including; HVAC equipment, light fixture and power distribution, ADA compliance, roofing, and parking lot repair. The total projected cost for this mid-level solution is $13,067,000 and the report can be viewed here.
If you have additional questions, or would like to support the future needs of the Sun Prairie Public Library, contact Svetha Hetzler, Library Director at 825-0900 or by email at email@example.com.
The next steps are:
- Schematic design (2021)
- Meet with potential donors (2021 & 2022)
- Capital campaign begins (2022)
- Full design (2023)
- Design workshops & presentations (2023)
- Capital campaign--public phase (2023)
- Construction begins (2024)
- 25th anniversary of Linnerud Street library building (2024)
- Ribbon cutting for expanded building (2024)
2021 Schematic/Conceptual Design Meetings
- 22 July, 2021: Kick-off Meeting minutes (.pdf)
- 27 August, 2021: SPPL Staff In-Service (.pdf)
- 7 October, 2021: City of Sun Prairie Youth and Family Commission Focus Group (.pdf)
- 14 October, 2021: Next Chapter Team Meeting (.pdf)
- 21 October, 2021: City of Sun Prairie Sustainability Committee Focus Group (.pdf)
- 27 October, 2021: SPARK Session (.pdf)
- 27 October, 2021: SPARK Design Concepts
- 27 October, 2021: SPARK Session Presentation
- 11 November, 2021: Presentation to Library Board
- 9 December, 2021: Presentation to Library Board