In 2018, the Sun Prairie Public Library contracted with FEH Design, an Architectural Firm based in Delafield, WI, to perform an architectural analysis on the library.
In May 2018, the library formed an Advisory Task Force, composed of community members and library patrons. The goal of the Advisory Task Force was to bring a recommendation to the Sun Prairie Public Library Board so that our facility will be able to meet the service needs and standards for the next 20 years.
The final Sun Prairie Public Library Advisory Task Force meeting was held Thursday, August 23rd.
Walk-through of Conceptual Design
Recommended Conceptual Design
If you have additional questions, or would like to support the future needs of the Sun Prairie Public Library, contact Svetha Hetzler, Library Director at 825-0900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next steps are:
- Schematic design (2021)
- Meet with potential donors (2021 & 2022)
- Capital campaign begins (2022)
- Full design (2023)
- Design workshops & presentations (2023)
- Capital campaign--public phase (2023)
- Construction begins (2024)
- 25th anniversary of Linnerud Drive library building (2024)
- Ribbon cutting for expanded building (2024)
2021 Schematic/Conceptual Design Meetings
- 22 July, 2021: Kick-off Meeting minutes (.pdf)
- 27 August, 2021: SPPL Staff In-Service (.pdf)
- 7 October, 2021: City of Sun Prairie Youth and Family Commission Focus Group (.pdf)
- 14 October, 2021: Next Chapter Team Meeting (.pdf)
- 21 October, 2021: City of Sun Prairie Sustainability Committee Focus Group (.pdf)
- 27 October, 2021: SPARK Session (.pdf)
- 27 October, 2021: SPARK Design Concepts
- 27 October, 2021: SPARK Session Presentation
- 9 November, 2021: Next Chapter Team Meeting (.pdf)
- 11 November, 2021: Presentation to Library Board
- 3 December, 2021: Next Chapter Team Meeting (.pdf)
- 9 December, 2021: Presentation to Library Board (.pdf)